Welcome to our church family. We hope you will feel at home here and that your worship experience will be beneficial to you. Below is a description of the ministries of Community Bible Church.
In addition to informal visiting, which takes place around every meeting of the church, there are other opportunities for fellowship. Each first Sunday, October through May, the church family enjoys a fellowship noon meal. For the ladies there is the monthly Women’s Missionary Fellowship, serving a variety of missions purposes; for the men and boys there is a monthly breakfast. Through a prayer chain, the church family is quickly mobilized to prayer in times of need.
Sunday School classes for all ages and AWANA for grades K-6 during the school year provide opportunities to learn God’s Word. Even our worship services emphasize the study of the Bible, since it is our only source of truth.
Every activity of the church offers opportunities to serve. In keeping with our Lord’s example, the reality of the body of Christ, and the gifting of the Holy Spirit, we encourage everyone to find some avenue of service for the mutual encouragement of the entire body of believers.
Our gathering Sunday mornings and afternoons provides opportunities to join with others of like mind to praise God, our Creator, Savior, and Sustainer. This happens through a variety of music, prayer, giving, and Scripture reading.
- In the Scripture of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writing, and to be the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- That God is eternal, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is truly God and truly man; That He died a substitutionary death on the cross for our sins; that He rose again for our justification; And that all who believe in Him shall be saved on the grounds of His finished work.
- In the reality and personality of Satan, a subtle being who will ultimately be cast into the lake of fire. That he deceived our first parents Adam and Eve, and thus incurred both physical and spiritual death upon the entire human race, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, expressed in thought, word, and deed.
- That the church is the mystical body and bride of Jesus Christ, which He began to build on the day of Pentecost, and will complete at His second coming; And that all true believers of this dispensation, irrespective of membership in organized churches on earth, have been baptized into this body of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit of God.